Monday, May 21, 2007

After listening to the introduction to Unit 8, what are you looking forward to in history over the next few weeks? – Monday, May 6, 2007I'm looking forward to being able to split up the homework with a partner, doing homework online and using a computer in class instead of taking notes. It's a nice change in the system and will be easier to keep track of papers.

Would you have been able to use civil disobedience and non-violence? - Wednesday, May 9, 2007To be honest, I doubt I would be able to participate in civil disobedience. If someone were to hose me down with water, or set dogs on me, I don't think I'd be able to just take it.

Why does the author feel that whites owe King the greatest debt? - Sunday, May 13, 2007I think the reason the author feels this way is because Martin Luther King Junior brought the nation out of it's times of racism. He helped whites see that racism was an evil that needed to be stopped, and now we live much better and are much more well off than before.

Was King the "right man at the right time?" - Sunday, May 13, 2007In my opinion I think that he was the perfect man at the right time. Without him we would still be in the same times as before. Him being an amazing african american speaker brought hope to minorities and anti-racism whites all over.

Would King be upset with the current use of his most often qouted line? Why or why not? - Sunday May 13, 2007 No, I think he'd be proud that we use it so much today and are proud to have had such a great speaker in our country. If I was him I'd be happy to have people talking about me now.

No comments: